Disability Rights UK works to create a society where everyone with lived experience of disability or health conditions can participate equally as full citizens.
We are disabled people leading change to:
- Mobilise disabled people’s leadership and control – in our own lives, our organisations and society
- Achieve independent living in practice
- Break the link between disability and poverty
- Put disability equality and human rights into practice across society
Disability Rights UK was formed through a unification of Disability Alliance, Radar and National Centre for Independent Living on 1 January 2012.
We have a number of helplines providing information on a variety of disability related issues:
- Disabled Students Helpline
- Independent Living line
- Member organisations welfare rights service
- Tribunal Support Unit
More information on these lines can be found here
For further information on the work of Disability Rights UK, please visit our website